Republic vs. Express Jet?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to
I'm about to send my resume to both places. I meet ATP mins and definitely meet their mins. I initially wanted to go to republic to get a shot at the 170 but many people that I know at express are telling me not to. They bring issues such as

-people not being happy (why?, it seems chautauqua is worse than
republic, why when it's the same company?)

- management not honoring their contract (they can't precisely say how)

Anybody can clarify and help me make a decision either way?

Thanks
I'm not flaming you, and I'm not flaming the pilots at Republic. But exactly what is it about the 170 that you want?
Pick the one has that has the better commute for you, or has a base where you live.
at chq now....some problems, but what place doesn't have problems? I like it so far, been here 2.5 years. Attrition at XJT is probably faster, but no growth, so once people stop leaving it'll stagnate. All growth here plus 15-30 a month in attrition so you'll move up fast and upgrade at both places right NOW are about the same. Both are good companies....XJT has a couple bucks extra per hour and many work rules are better, but they signed their contract not too long ago and our is under negotiation now, so will get better. Pick where you want to live and apply at a airline with bases there and hope they don't close.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to what XJTers say about RAH. It's like a high school rumor mill over there.
Quote: I wouldn't pay too much attention to what XJTers say about RAH. It's like a high school rumor mill over there.
And RAH is any different? You should only listen to people when they speak about their specific company. I don't trust what a lot of XJTer's say about RAH...and I believe even less what RAH guys say about XJT. My best friend is over at XJT...everytime he calls me all ****ed off at his company I'm in amazement that they can get away with some of the stuff he tells me about. He does the same thing when I start *****ing. Fact of the matter is...it's pretty much the same at both places as near as I can tell, just different ways to get screwed.

Pick the place that's going to fit into your life the best and run with it. In lieu of that, pick the place that offers you the job first.

P.S. - I'm happy at CHQ. I'm not sure if the widebody drivers are any happier at CHQ Mainline.
Go to the first one that hires you...
Quote: I wouldn't pay too much attention to what XJTers say about RAH. It's like a high school rumor mill over there.

did you hear that CAL is so ticked off at CHQ that they are going to sue us for 50 million dollars per late flight, they are going to give XJET triple seven routes, and they are going to tell yo mamma jokes to BB!
Quote: did you hear that CAL is so ticked off at CHQ that they are going to sue us for 50 million dollars per late flight, they are going to give XJET triple seven routes, and they are going to tell yo mamma jokes to BB!
Yo mama jokes? BB is a honest, god fearing man. He won't stand for those shenanigans.

On the other hand, RAH is still growing. I heard last that once NW stands up Compass, they are going to sell it off to RAH to complete the codeshare lock. Fits the BB master plan.
i heard it from several check airman last week that rah wants to get 757's to do DOD charters and start etops with the 170's
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to