Is the A380 Hoopla True?

Subscribe
Well, as seen in my eyes, it doesn't seem the A380's are flyin off the line..... is this true, and what about the 787, seems to me that Boeing is doing quite well.....
Quote: Well, as seen in my eyes, it doesn't seem the A380's are flyin off the line..... is this true, and what about the 787, seems to me that Boeing is doing quite well.....
The A380 suffered a big production delay caused by seemingly minor technical issues with some wiring harnesses which snowballed. The revised date for first airline service (Singapore I think) is early summer 2008. Airbus is officialy holding to that date, but it loks like they will beat it by a month or two.

The 787 has a very aggressive design and flight test schedule...the first flight is scheduled soon (next month?) and so far is on track. But there's no room for error in boeing's schedule...any hiccup will delay flight testing and possibly delivery. They are definately taking some risk...the whole 787 program is about risk. If they pull it off smoothly it will pay off in a massive way.
Hmm, sounds promising for Boeing....
The A380 has 173 firm orders, but a break-even point around 420...hmm...

I would say Airbus has risked a lot more than Boeing. Can't wait for the 787 debut!
Hi!

Boeing is having production problems, according to other posters on another board. From what I've read, a 6 months delay sounds optimum.

cliff
ILN
Quote: Hi!

Boeing is having production problems, according to other posters on another board. From what I've read, a 6 months delay sounds optimum.

cliff
ILN
True. I've heard from reliable people (Boeing employees) that they are having more than a few problems assembling this one....from a severe lack of parts to inept new employees.
Quote: True. I've heard from reliable people (Boeing employees) that they are having more than a few problems assembling this one....from a severe lack of parts to inept new employees.
Considering they have been having a huge push to hire composites technicians in the last 6-12 months I think they might be having a hard time holding on to experienced workers. Considering the whole Spirit hoopla I wouldn't be surprised if a good majority of the people working on the 87 are relatively junior, oh and not to mention extremely overworked and abused.