Upgrade to Captain requirements

Subscribe
Hello all...i got hired with a regional with real low time...ie 400 hours of which only 110 are PIC...i now have almost 3000 hours in an EMB145 and havent done any other type of flying and now i can soon hold captain....i know i have to get the ATP written done but do i need to go get any more PIC time??? Thanks in advance...
Its in 61.159.
thanks...looks like i need to go get some PIC time in order to upgrade. I thought if you worked for a part 121 carrier you could use a portion of your SIC time but i cant seem to find it...thank you again
I believe that all your PIC time plus half your SIC time must be equal or greater to 1200 hours. That's in addition to 1500 TT, etc. If you have 3000 sic, you should be fine.
ok thanks ....i was hoping i didnt have to go out and rent a cessna for that pic..thanks in advance
There may be a catch to the whole counting SIC time towards PIC time for ATP requirements. Where I work, Mesaba, the SIC credit is not allowed (because Mesaba does not "participate" in the program as they say). The company and the Feds have fought over this numerous times and it's a complete Catch-22. I don't know why, but it is and it clearly states it in the regs. Perhaps it has to do with insurance policies. Bottomline, check with every major head in your training dept and APDs before you upgrade.