2nd Cathay Interview

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Well, I got the call for the second interview at Cathay. You guys were great in helping me get through the first one, so I'm coming to you again for help with the second. I BELIVE that the technical aspect will be slightly less overwhelming on this go around. But beyond that, I'm not 100% sure what to expect. I've read something about a math test, but I spoke with a CX guy just the other day and he had heard nothing about that.

Anyway, any of you folks that have gone through this recently would be a HUGH help for me.

Thanks.
When did you go to phase I? I'm waiting on the call for phase II. I went thru on the 29th.....
I also interviewed on the 29th. I did mine in NY. I got an email 2 days ago.

Good luck.

Do you know much about the second interview?
Pahse II is a pleasant experience. You will travel on CX to Hong Kong (prob. bus. class 744), have a day to rest and then do a medical, sim ride, and another interview capped off with a cocktail party to check you out. You are paid a per diem while there, and treated very well, but I am not sure about the technical aspect of the interviews. Mostly paper work and basically formalities. I would brush up on the tech sheets and company info.

When do you go to HNK? end of Oct.?
Yep, end of Oct. Have you got the email yet? I am cheering for you.

Thanks for the info. I'll brush up on everything, but i'm hoping for no more tech stuff. It is a real pressure cooker.

Thanks again.
Good Luck to both of you!!!!
Sure you've seen this, but if not I think it has the info you're looking for. http://www.willflyforfood.cc/Cathay_..._interview.php Congrats and good luck! Also, can you comment on how correct the info here is?

Thanks,

GNH
I found the information here to be very accurate. My main conclusion though, is that the interview itself isn't scripted. Sure they intend to ask both HR and TECH type questions, but the actual questions aren't there until you get there (so to speak). They looked at my previous experience and asked their questions based on that.

I will say however, the I had a little more difficulty with the written test than I had anticipated. I've read numerous accounts of guys saying that the written test was a breeze. I didn't find that to be true. It was an ATP type test, but when I took my ATP, I did my preparation on a computer based test prep. It was great to actually get the ATP, but it didn't prepare me for this test (that was 6 years ago though).

Any way, they were EXTREMELY friendly and did most every thing that they could to 'calm you down'. I can't speak highly enough of them and hope to get a job flying for them soon.

Best of luck. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Thanks for the info. Also, is the test a multiple guess or fill in the blank?

GNH
Multiple choice. Pick between A,B,&C as far as I can remember. 30 questions in 30 minutes. Don't bother with the XYZ book. It's outdated. None of the sample questions there showed up on the actual test.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to