Question about FlexJet...

Subscribe
Does anyone know anything about Flexjet. I have been batting around the idea of going the corprate route. I have done a little reasearch, and found that pay, OT pay, and QOL seems pretty sound. They fly excellent equipment, and (good for me) they have bases really close to home. (TEB) Please tell me everything you know...I would especially like to hear from people within the company. Thanks in advance guys/gals.

D
Laxrox,

Go the the search section on the forum mainpage and type in Flex Jets. There are numerous existing threads on the topic. I have found that doing the search will either give me the info I need or allow for some insight into future threads.

Hope that helps.
Hey garrettdriver,

Yeah, I have already checked those out. One of the father's in there is talking about his son flying a LR-45 for Flex, and he is impressed. (The father is a retired legacy pilot with a laundry list of a/c flown...so I am assuming he knows what he is talking about - hehe) Although this is an ignorant question, I will ask it anyway. Would it help to know anyone in the company? I know ESPECIALLY in the corprate world, its a lot of "word of mouth" recommendations...let me know what you think, and if there is anything else you know...TELL ME!

Thanks again,
D
Its almost impossible to get a corporate gig with out an inside referal. I have had a few corporate gigs- and never once did I blindly send a resume in. Come to think of it- I never really even interviewed- just sort had a casual chat and showed up for work. (Someone spoke highly of me on the front end)

As for the fractionals. You best know someone important or have a kiss @ss resume. With the current shift- mins are 2500TT but thats nowhere near competative.
loudgarretdriver,

Hi ejfflyer again. I read your last reply and started woundering if an ATP with 3000 TT, etc, will do. Presumptuously, with your experience, how does one meet pilots from the company and are most approachable?

Thanks,

ejfflyer
I was hired by Flexjet with 3200 TT, 700 multi, and 600 turbine, and I didn't know anybody from Flex to walk in my resume. I got hired and was EWR based. Living on Long Island made it difficult at times to make an assignment on time because changes would come at the last minute. If you live within 30 minutes of TEB, I would say that your OK, but expect to be airlined out of EWR half the time. If you know somebody that works for Flex have them walk in your resume and interview with the company. The best advice I can give, go in there being totally honest because if your not, they will see right through it. I think a lot of changes may be coming soon mainly because of Netjets new contract. If you want specifics, feel free to PM me.
Quote: I was hired by Flexjet with 3200 TT, 700 multi, and 600 turbine, and I didn't know anybody from Flex to walk in my resume. I got hired and was EWR based. Living on Long Island made it difficult at times to make an assignment on time because changes would come at the last minute. If you live within 30 minutes of TEB, I would say that your OK, but expect to be airlined out of EWR half the time. If you know somebody that works for Flex have them walk in your resume and interview with the company. The best advice I can give, go in there being totally honest because if your not, they will see right through it. I think a lot of changes may be coming soon mainly because of Netjets new contract. If you want specifics, feel free to PM me.
Fast food eating dork!!!!!!

callgirl
Quote: Fast food eating dork!!!!!!

callgirl
Oh yeah, and your ugly
Rogue Pilot,

Send me your email address to [email protected]. Id like to talk to you a little more on flex jet.

thanks,

ejfflyer