Army to Air Guard. How can this work?

Subscribe
Hello,

Currently on deployement flying UH-60 Blackhawks with the Army National Guard. I fly for a regional with a lot more fixed-wing time than helicopter.

I've entertained the idea of finishing my 20 years in the Air Guard with 9 already behind me. I'll be 27 years old in November this year. So I'm wondering does the Air Guard or even the Air Force Reserve need/want service transfers with military rotary-wing/civilian fixed-wing time? There's a C-17 unit near home and I think they're Reserves. I've also got a contact with the A-10 unit in Boise and would LOVE to fly those if possible.

I'm also unsure of the culture in the Air Force. From what I've heard, you're a pilot first, then a manager. It's really the opposite in the Army unless you're in a line unit. I like the guys I work with but will be further removed from flying as time goes along. I don't really know how much I like that idea.

Maybe someone can give me some insight on making that change while having a love to fly airplanes rather than a desk and want to keep serving. No offense to the active duty career guys, it's just not what I invision in my future. With already having an airline career, I feel I have a little room to explore options to really do what I enjoy and am good at. Thanks!
Disregard this thread. I accidentally posted this one twice. Refer to the one above. Thanks