What to expect at a Job Fair (DCA 9/22)

Subscribe
I know to wear a suit, bring my logbook and resume' and thats about it. Can anyone with experience give me an idea on what to expect ?? Do you just walk around and introduce yourself to the various representatives ??
Yea basically. I had a cover letter and resume' for each airline I was targeting. I'd go up and talk to them for about 5 min or so and just ask them basic questions about their operations. Think of a job fair as an opportunity to interview the airlines instead of them interviewing you, because they know that you have many choices now. If they like your qualifications they might do an on site interview with you. I didn't get any on site interviews but ended up with 8, of which I did 1. Good opportunity that will pay off in todays job market.
8:1 ratio? Meaning you could have had 8 interviews but only took one, or you did 8 interviews and (obviously) only 1 of those 8 hired you?

Just come clarification, your post is a little confusing.
hah no I'd probably quit aviation if I was 1 for 8. I did the interview I wanted got the job and cancelled the others.
gotcha. that clears it up.
At an Air Inc job fair expect to see a flood of dudes headed for the mainline carriers. If you are targeting regionals, you'll have a lot less competition for the recruiters attention. There is a good chance you could walk away with a job that day depending on the airlines you are targeting. I did at the last one.
Don't bother writing a cover letter. It is emphasized repeatedly at the job fair that a cover letter is not necessary when personally handing in your resume.
I hope it helps. I went to a job fair a few month back and talked to some airlines I was interested in. Some of the regionals did onsite interviews. RAH hired 30 pilots right there. Do some research, I think they are going to do the same again in DCA. Good luck
OCT 27th Fair in Miami at Aeroservice?

Anyone go to one of these - same things to expect from above?

Thanks