NWA 9 vs 320

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
A buddy of mine starts class next week and was wondering what the reserve time and schedules between the 2 airplanes. 1,2,3,4,5 day trips etc. he lives in MSP so that would be his choice if given. Thanks...
All that stuff doesn't matter.... pick the -9, fly some steam gauges, set off some car alarms on takeoff roll and get some hair on your chest, hombre!
Quote: All that stuff doesn't matter.... pick the -9, fly some steam gauges, set off some car alarms on takeoff roll and get some hair on your chest, hombre!

Right on, Brother! The 9 builds character!

Plus, you really can't appreciate the spacious and comfortable 320/757 cockpits until you've spent at least four full seasons on the DC-9: Wiping the sweat from your brow in the summer, and mopping up type I fluid as it drips in through your "clear view" window in the winter...

New hires at NW who are coming off the Rj are in for a treat!
Quote:
And how....

But here is a question? Which has more cycles on it, a NWA DC-9 or a NWA F/A?
Aren't their 320's pretty old as well? I know, not as old as the 9's but are they not from late 80's early 90's?

I've noticed that some of our (NK) 319/21's are pretty ratty looking only after a year of use: I can not imagine what they will look like in 20 years

On a side note: I was on one of NWA 9's a month or so ago and the plate read 1966..... I don't think you will find the bus around for that long!
Quote: But here is a question? Which has more cycles on it, a NWA DC-9 or a NWA F/A?

Ouch! That one is gonna leave a mark.
Quote: On a side note: I was on one of NWA 9's a month or so ago and the plate read 1966.....
!!!!!!!!!!
Quote: Right on, Brother! The 9 builds character!

and mopping up type I fluid as it drips in through your "clear view" window in the winter...

Thought that was testosterone!!! I'm thinking about bidding the 9 left seat, but shudder to think of flying 5 legs around Michigan in winter with an all-glass RJ new hire. Not a put down, but if youve never flown steam gauges, on a 20 minute flite from DTW to FNT, it can be a handful at times. The NATCO guys are already concerned about the incoming guys who have minimal round gauge time.

But, its the only way to get a raise these days...
Quote: On a side note: I was on one of NWA 9's a month or so ago and the plate read 1966..... I don't think you will find the bus around for that long!
I remember hearing that the old joke at NWA was when the last Airbus is flown to the desert, the crew will deadhead home on a DC-9.
Quote: I remember hearing that the old joke at NWA was when the last Airbus is flown to the desert, the crew will deadhead home on a DC-9.
Yea, the old, old joke was "on a 3 holer!"
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to