United Way

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
If you like a particular charity, donate direct. I, too, will never give money to the UW.

On a similar note, when they call your house raising funds for the police and fire department, please pass. it is usually a third party asking for the donations, and only a tiny bit goes to the police and fire. You can donate directly to your local station house if you like.
So I guess you guys are suggesting that I shouldn't donate any money to the United Way?
http://www.charitynavigator.org

The local NBC affiliate stated they use this site when doing research. I looked at it and it seems to have a lot of info regarding a ton of charities. They break down donations into several categories and give a rating based on a number of parameters.
Quote: So I guess you guys are suggesting that I shouldn't donate any money to the United Way?
I think the suggestion is that there are more efficient and accurate ways to target your charity dollar.
The Heifer Project.
Quote: The Heifer Project.
Pronounced "huffer" right?
I don't often agree with MD11Fr8Dog, but he's got it nailed solid on this one. The BSA issue was the breaking point for me also. UW hasn't seen a dime from me since.
Quote: I don't often agree with MD11Fr8Dog,
You sound like my wife!
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to