New President at Colgan Air

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
the mesaba idea sounds interesting
This just in from a good friend, and Colgan Pilot - NEGATIVE on the new callsign...what gives? Are we starting rumors again?!
Quote: Yes, "Eastern" was the Eastern Airlines callsign.

I doubt Colgan has it, but it is a throwback to the fact that BC is ex-EAL management during the strike and a notorious union buster.

Have fun...
Hey alteast one person on the forums got it.
Callsign is still Colgan... "say again callsign... Golden?? Culligan?"
The fact that so few get the "Eastern" reference just goes to show you why a slim majority of Colgan pilots thought that they would never ever ever need a union.
It's only a matter of time before the rest of the Colgan's start leaving, well at least the FAs have some protection now. The more I think about it, Mesaba might be a good idea, I wouldn't even have to take pay cut, it would probably be a pay raise.
Hey mudpuppy, what are the chances of another union run for next year?? I'm a pro-union guy and would like to see if ALPA is planning another campaign.
Quote: Hey mudpuppy, what are the chances of another union run for next year?? I'm a pro-union guy and would like to see if ALPA is planning another campaign.
check out www.alpa.org/colgan. the website is still up and has a ticker updated daily till the day we can petition the NMB again. They said they'll be back, they still do conference calls too I think.
Nice, 320 more days till the next petition. Maybe when we see the horrors of a Lorenzo airline come to reality coupled with a healthy dose of whipsaw more pilots will be willing to vote for representation.
Quote: People on the ALPA OC said outstation basing was going away, that has recently started.

People on the ALPA OC said the Colgan's would not be running the show much longer, and now our new President is an associate of Frank Lorenzo

The company claimed nothing would change except the Q400.....another lie

Gee I wonder which side was honest.

It's a shame a 159 Colgan pilots couldn't educate themselves and see through the BS, now it's time to suffer our fate.

If your a Colgan pilor and do not know who Frank Lorenzo is you will learn quick.
man that sucks so bad, most of the 25 captains I've flown with so far voted against the union, seriously they think they know so much.. just makes me lose all respect for someone who makes such an important decision based on the fact that they have to pay 2% dues.

and yeah, I agree our upgrade is so short right now and that makes staying here so tempting.............................. but I dunno I might really start sending out some apps......
Quote: Hey mudpuppy, what are the chances of another union run for next year?? I'm a pro-union guy and would like to see if ALPA is planning another campaign.
yeah i want some more free potbellys
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to