Good and Bad AMEs

Subscribe
Do any of you know of a list of recomended AMEs (or those we should avoid)?

My old AME, Dr. Eugene "No Down" Brown retired and the new one I am trying is a real jerk.

If there is no such list, perhaps APC folks would consider starting one here.

Thanks,
j
Where at?
I found a guy in Baltimore that is pretty good. Former AF flt doc. You need to be more specific about where you are. It's a big country!
I'd be willing to bet that you'd find just the kind of AME you're seeking, near any domestic domicile for any of the legacy or large freight carriers. I know we've got one in Memphis (FedEx & NorthWest) who will pass you if you can make it into his office, unassisted, as long as you have the requisite monies. I'm sure there's one in Dallas, Denver, Chicago, New York (JFK), Miami, Los Angeles, San Fran, Salt Lake, etc.
Lampton M.D. $175.00 for a 1st Class

KCOU
I agree, there must be the helpful guys/gals everywere. I was just asking if there exists a compiled list.

Oh and I am in Houston.
Quote: Lampton M.D. $175.00 for a 1st Class

KCOU

Holy schnikes! $175? I hope that includes the EKG and a lollipop (not to mention a hands off, hassle free medical)...

My old doc in DC was $70 for a 1st class, another $35 for the EKG. Don't know what his current rate is, but I know it isn't $175.

The two guys in the DC metro area the people tend to visit are Dr Comunale (my old AME). He'll schedule you last minute and takes about $10-15 minutes. Interesting office (in his house and has cats).

The other was Dr. Vlahos in Sterling. Never been, but from what I hear a pretty precursory medical. (Folks are waiting for medicals by phone). All the IAD FSDO guys go there. Longer wait time and higher cost than Comunale.
Quote:
The other was Dr. Vlahos in Sterling. Never been, but from what I hear a pretty precursory medical. (Folks are waiting for medicals by phone). All the IAD FSDO guys go there. Longer wait time and higher cost than Comunale.
$130 with EKG
Hey flyjsh
Hate to be paranoid but you could be from faa and just trying to crack down on pilot friendly ame's, so i don't think there should be a list of good ame's published on public forum amd IMO if you really looking for one it's really easy to find one since you live in iah and a continental base.
Me FAA? Nope. Just a guy needs an AME who works FOR me rather than AGAINST me. I have a special issuance which requires extra documentation.

But draw your own conclusions.