Search
Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

New SkyWest vs the Old SkyWest...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 05:18 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Originally Posted by TonyWilliams View Post
Not sure what you found positive in that rant....... sounds like Debbie Downer to me.

Things are certainly relative to each of us. The original poster finds things "bad" compared to his experience at SkyWest in the past.

I compare things in the same way, except my past experience was much like working at a Mesa. I think things (overall) are awesome here.

I rarely encounter a Debbie Downer here like this guy. I can only imagine his demeanor when this 3rd union drive fails. It's good to know he'll be moving on.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: NU Guy

So if nobody wants ALPO what about teamsters? Seems to be working out for NetJets, at least for now that is..... Course a large part of the equation depends on management and if they are labor friendly or not.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ

wow. i wonder if a lot of the skywest cheerleaders out there got a strange, almost erie, feeling after reading the posts here. the original poster was dead on. its almost sad to read some of the posts on here to know that they supported and loved skywest, right up till skywest kicked them to the curb.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT

Originally Posted by Ski Patrol View Post
So if nobody wants ALPO what about teamsters? Seems to be working out for NetJets, at least for now that is..... Course a large part of the equation depends on management and if they are labor friendly or not.
NetJets is no longer Teamsters. I think UPS pilots used to be Teamsters as well before voting them out.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Airsupport View Post
wow. i wonder if a lot of the skywest cheerleaders out there got a strange, almost erie, feeling after reading the posts here. the original poster was dead on. its almost sad to read some of the posts on here to know that they supported and loved skywest, right up till skywest kicked them to the curb.
SKW kicked one guy to the curb, but it hasn't changed much for everybody else day-to-day...there are still 2800 pilots. This does not mean that SKW has done a 180, they are a big organization, and may have factions with their own interests.

Either there is something we don't know, or somebody slipped through the cracks. No, we should not have up-or-out, and yes we should have an foolproof means of catching anyone who does slip through a crack.

But it's not like there has been some major realignment of the planets here...
Old 11-01-2008, 02:29 PM
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
NetJets is no longer Teamsters. I think UPS pilots used to be Teamsters as well before voting them out.
The Independent Pilots Association was formed in 1991...