Jumpseating on Qantas Domestic

Subscribe
Does anyone know anything about jumpseating on the Qantas flight that goes from LAX-JKF every day? I think it's flight 107. I know that they can't sell seats from LAX-JFK due to the Open Skies rules, only from SYD-LAX or SYD-JFK. So, with people getting off in LAX, I would think that its pretty much always open on the LAX-JFK leg. Has anyone tried this? Would they even recognize a jumpseater from a US airline? Or do the same rules that prevent them from selling seats on the leg prevent me from jumpseating on it? Any insights would be great.
Quote: Does anyone know anything about jumpseating on the Qantas flight that goes from LAX-JKF every day? I think it's flight 107. I know that they can't sell seats from LAX-JFK due to the Open Skies rules, only from SYD-LAX or SYD-JFK. So, with people getting off in LAX, I would think that its pretty much always open on the LAX-JFK leg. Has anyone tried this? Would they even recognize a jumpseater from a US airline? Or do the same rules that prevent them from selling seats on the leg prevent me from jumpseating on it? Any insights would be great.
Foriegn airlines rarely offer offline jumpseat priveleges, many cannot even JS on their own company aircraft. Normally the only way to get on a non-US airline is to buy a ZED/ID90, but I'm not sure they can even allow those for the LAX-JFK leg. Ask your pass bureau about a ZED.
You can only get a jumpseat on a QF aircraft if you are QF staff, and even then you need a ticket, and the rest of the aircraft has to be full. So basically the answer to your question is 'no'.
You can't even use a zed ticket on jfk-lax unless you have an ongoing ticket to Australia.
As far as jumpseating on foreign airlines go, walk up to the ticket counter and ask. The worst they can say is no. I have friends who jumpseat on Air Canada all the time out of Denver and O'Hare. They cannot sit up front, but they fill out the jumpseat form and if there is room in back they get a seat. No taxes or anything.
100%... No JS on QF.
Quote: As far as jumpseating on foreign airlines go, walk up to the ticket counter and ask. The worst they can say is no. I have friends who jumpseat on Air Canada all the time out of Denver and O'Hare. They cannot sit up front, but they fill out the jumpseat form and if there is room in back they get a seat. No taxes or anything.
Pinnacle has a JS agreement with Air Canada, WestJet, Aeromexico, and Mexicana.. I'm sure many others do as well. North American airlines a a different story when it comes to jumpseating.
If you're bored and you want to try something other than the usual AA or UA 757 bus ride, try Virgin America, they do LA to NY. VA is awesome. Best service ever. Hopefully they'll be around for a long time.
A320, sometimes A319.