Latest AWAC Rumor : /

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
As i was hopping on a ride to PHL today i went to say hello to the Piemont crew who was nice enough to give me a ride. When i told the Capt. i was with AWAC the first thing he said to me was: "Air Whisky Eh?? How do you guys feel about being wholely owned???" According to the rumors that PSA and Piedmont are hearing....after all the BS gets settled between east/west mainline...they are gonna look to buy us out...possibly merging us with PSA.

Last week i heard the same rumor from a republic guy...i didnt give too much thought about it then...but hearing it again makes me wonder? could this happen? Does Mainline have the money to buyback the remaining 3 Million shares of the company that we have? Has anybody else on here heard of this same rumor????
First of all, yes, it would suck.

Second, I wouldn't put too much into these rumors. Very few turn out to be true.
if they had enough money to take a shot at delta, i'm positive they can afford to buy air wisconsin!
ARW pilots will be on the mainline US Airways seniority list before we get bought and merged into Express. We don't have anything Doug Parker wants or needs so AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

Probably just wishful thinking on the part of some WO folks...working under our CBA (and even under our management) would be a step up for them.
Quote: if they had enough money to take a shot at delta, i'm positive they can afford to buy air wisconsin!
Who bought whom?

Air Wisconsin ponied up a lot of (our) money to buy a part of US Airways.

AWAC has much deeper pockets and greater influence in the business than most are aware of.

Not saying that AWAC won't be sold, but it is AWAC's owners who will make that decision. Not Doug Parker. Doug Parker works for some else - the shareholders. I wonder who that is....
Quote: Does Mainline have the money to buyback the remaining 3 Million shares of the company that we have?
If they did, who cares? It's stock in US Airways, not AWAC, so it's a moot point.

US Airways, and anyone for that matter, doesn't need any 50 seaters. That's all AWAC has.

This gets my vote for "worst thought-out rumor ever".
Quote: If they did, who cares? It's stock in US Airways, not AWAC, so it's a moot point.

US Airways, and anyone for that matter, doesn't need any 50 seaters. That's all AWAC has.

This gets my vote for "worst thought-out rumor ever".
LOL... I dunno fosters... remember the one where the company said they were going to put in leather seats...?
Quote: LOL... I dunno fosters... remember the one where the company said they were going to put in leather seats...?
4 of em do...
I have heard Doogie wants all the Express in one house ... not two sets of mgmt. But I agree, what does AWAC have that they want? Unless its the only way to get rid of the 50 fabric/seaters. And the three amigos might want out.
Quote: 4 of em do...
Is that what those seats are? I thought they were just dirtier than the others
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to