Mesa MEC chairman comments on Mesa judgement

Subscribe
Mesa Pilots Appalled at Management’s Actions On Tuesday in Honolulu, Judge Robert Faris ruled that Mesa Air Group (MAG) has to pay $80 million to Hawaiian Airlines for violating a confidentiality agreement that Mesa signed when it considered investing in Hawaiian while Hawaiian was in bankruptcy. “We are shocked and appalled by these developments,” says Capt. Michael Jayson, chairman of the Mesa MEC. “The actions of MAG’s senior management have put the future of Mesa Air Group and the livelihoods of its hard-working employees in jeopardy. Although the negative publicity will soon die down, the adverse financial effect of the Hawaiian Airlines decision—if it is not overturned on appeal—will likely be felt for years to come. Combine this with the skyrocketing attrition among our pilots and the on-going operational and staffing problems at Mesa Air Group, and you can begin to appreciate why the pilots are so concerned about the future of our airline.”
Quote: Mesa Pilots Appalled at Management’s Actions On Tuesday in Honolulu, Judge Robert Faris ruled that Mesa Air Group (MAG) has to pay $80 million to Hawaiian Airlines for violating a confidentiality agreement that Mesa signed when it considered investing in Hawaiian while Hawaiian was in bankruptcy. “We are shocked and appalled by these developments,” says Capt. Michael Jayson, chairman of the Mesa MEC. “The actions of MAG’s senior management have put the future of Mesa Air Group and the livelihoods of its hard-working employees in jeopardy. Although the negative publicity will soon die down, the adverse financial effect of the Hawaiian Airlines decision—if it is not overturned on appeal—will likely be felt for years to come. Combine this with the skyrocketing attrition among our pilots and the on-going operational and staffing problems at Mesa Air Group, and you can begin to appreciate why the pilots are so concerned about the future of our airline.”
Now I wish he had said something like, "This does not surprise me as we have been dealing with Mesa for years and have always suspected JO to be a criminal. I encourage all Mesa pilots to find employment elsewhere. There is no future working for JO."

I guess I can dream.
"We are shocked and appalled by these developments,”

If you choose to work for mesa nothing should surprise you. You should be expecting management to do stupid crap and treat everyone like they are worthless... it is the stutus quo.