Pilot Job Satisfaction

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 9
Go to
According to Time magazine, 49% of pilots are "very happy" with their jobs.

I'd like to know how/why if true!!!!;( why so many unhappy pilots when "pay/benefits more than national avrage" according to time ?
ducking for cover........lol
They talked to new hire gojet pilots, SkyBus and Allegiant pilots. I don't think they talked TWA furloughs, or your typical legacy line pilot. They probably interviewed some management guys too...
What else would you do, and why aren't you doing it?
The regionals aren't anything to write home about, it doesn't matter which one you go to. All the guys from the majors who have been there have seen such a drastic change over the past decade or so and they probably aren't happy with it either. The 49% was probably all FedEx and UPS guys...
Its a poorly worded question. Pilots like their "jobs" very much. Its the management and working conditions they don't like. Of course, that's our greatest weakness. We actually enjoy the day to day tasks as opposed to most other "jobs".
Quote: Its a poorly worded question. Pilots like their "jobs" very much. Its the management and working conditions they don't like. Of course, that's our greatest weakness. We actually enjoy the day to day tasks as opposed to most other "jobs".
I second this post, good call.
Quote: I second this post, good call.
thirded (if thats a real word)
Fourthed (again, real word?? who cares)

Shooting a perfectly hand flown ILS or looking out the window and seeing the sun while the people on the ground haven't seen it in four days is awesome. However, rolling out of bed 4 hours after you rolled into it while dodging some bug you could never identify to go preflight at -30 is a step below awesome. It is all part of the job though and so far I am part of the happy half.
Quote: thirded (if thats a real word)
AGAIN i love your little picture as I live on the NJ Turnpike sitting reserve at their many fine rest stops..
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 9
Go to