NWA Feb 11th class? Anyone?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Just checking to see if any of you are going to be in class then also?
Interviewed last Thursday, but still waiting to hear. Anyone else that interviewed last week heard anything?
Quote: Interviewed last Thursday, but still waiting to hear. Anyone else that interviewed last week heard anything?

I interviewed last Thursday the 29th also. I was one of the XJT guys there. I tried to send you a pm but it wont let me.
Quote: I tried to send you a pm but it wont let me.
Users need a minimum of 10 posts to send or receive PMs. StormChaser has only one.
Does anyone know how many pilots NWA has hired so far this year and what their possible plans are for hiring next year?

Just curious.
I don't have specific numbers for next year, but I do know that they are increasing training after the first of the year. The Feb. 11th class is projected to have 18 new-hires, and they are running classes every two weeks.
See how taking a 28% paycut and giving up sick time and retirement creates new jobs! Go ALPA!
Quote: Does anyone know how many pilots NWA has hired so far this year and what their possible plans are for hiring next year?

Just curious.
Take it for what its worth but I was told that they are going to hire a minimum of 400 newhires next year and in reality they need 800 but cant train that fast. Also its rumored newhires will soon be going into the 757 also. We were told for our class expect 3 choices, 747 FE or FO on the 9 and the bus.
Here is a clip from the November Air Inc's jobs report newletter regarding NWA hiring.

Northwest Airlines: Hiring 24/month through 2/08 & 40/month through ’08. Apply online at www.nwa.com. Click on ‘About Northwest’ at bottom of page, then select ‘Careers’ from menu on left & ‘Pilots’ on next page. Mins: 1,500 TT, 1,000 ME, 500 PIC, ATP certificate or ME/ATP written, Class I medical, passport, high school diploma/GED (college degree preferred).

Associate Aircrew Training Instructor: Hiring 10 through NOV for MSP. Apply online at www.career.nwa.com. Click on ‘About Northwest’, then ‘Careers’ & ‘Career Hub’. Mins: 4-year degree, private pilot certificate with INST rating (or military pilot/navigator training program graduate), computer software knowledge, aeronautical instruct experience, COMM, CFI, MEL, AGI preferred…

Code-share: With Midwest 11/07... Routes: KIX-SPN 12/07. PDX-AMS 3/08 MSP-CDG 4/08... Fleet: Replacing older international aircraft with A330s & B787 Dreamliners when they become available... Seeking aircraft-banking trust certificates to purchase new aircraft… Reported 65.2B ASMs through 9/07, up from, 64.1B ASMs in ’06
[quote=DAL4EVER;273775]Does anyone know how many pilots NWA has hired so far this year and what their possible plans are for hiring next year?
quote]

NW has made offers to 142, 139 have accepted through 12/1. Interviewing 30-48 a month, expected to hire 300 in 08. Initial training currently in DC-9, 747SO (ANC based). Contractual issue limiting sending new hires to A320 for now, but bidding off the -9 is quick.

Tailwinds,
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to