Driving record Interviews

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
My drivers lisence will be suspended for 1 yr ....

what are my chances of getting hired to a regional????? If any? I got an insurance citation in my state and thats an automatic 1yr suspension......

Am I pretty much doomed for future airline interviews REGIONALS?
Sorry..........Its not a death sentance but you dont have much chance to get hired, they will wonder how you will get to the airport.....and wonder about other things? If it was DUI related you will have even a lesser chance to get hired
Get a good lawyer,!!!!! I don't know what state your in but in Indiana you can get a deferral on an insurance violation.
Quote: My drivers lisence will be suspended for 1 yr ....

what are my chances of getting hired to a regional????? If any? I got an insurance citation in my state and thats an automatic 1yr suspension......

If its' DUI related, recent like 5 years or less, not good. As a previuos poster said, invest in a lawyer, I'm sure they can assist you.
It is not a killer. Just be open and honest about it and how you learned from it. I know PLENTY of guys that got DUI's and still got jobs (I know yours isn't a DUI, just using a more extreme point). The only problem is you will probably have to wait until you get your DL back to start interviewing as a previous poster said, they will want to know how you will get to work.
Quote: Just be open and honest about it and how you learned from it.
Perfectly said. Be honest if the question arises and start building a clean driving today. Time will make this suspension less significant.
Quote: My drivers lisence will be suspended for 1 yr ....

If I understand correctly you got cited for not having proof of insurance?

A suspension seems pretty draconian...what state is that? I'll have to remember never to go there.

If you did get it suspended for insurance paperwork and not a moving violation, I don't think most airlines would hold that against you (unless was your tweflth or fifteenth violation ). You would probably have to explain how you planned to get to work (cab fare on first year regional pay? Cabbies make more than regional FO's...)
Quote: It is not a killer. Just be open and honest about it and how you learned from it. I know PLENTY of guys that got DUI's and still got jobs (I know yours isn't a DUI, just using a more extreme point). The only problem is you will probably have to wait until you get your DL back to start interviewing as a previous poster said, they will want to know how you will get to work.
Must be the Mesa/GoJet pilots...
Get a Lawyer. Yes you're guilty, but a good lawyer can turn it around for you. Regionals will hire you if you've not had a DUI within the last 18 months.

You can always go for the interview and tell them that you're license was suspended on the specific date...
Where do you get the last 18 month rule, is this just some or all. Why 18 months, is that just an alotted time that they feel you would safe again??
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to