Aircraft assignments for new hires @ NetJets

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
With 100 bases available, how will NetJets assign new-hires aircraft postitions from now on? do they give these guys a choice, does experience matter for the Falcon 2000 and G-200? what about the guys with no jet experience, do they automatically get the Ultra/Beech Jet??

I got the Hawker 800 (thankfully), but was not given a choice.....
It's like it was prior to the dumiciles, you hire on and tell them where u want to be based. I don't think experience in the falcon or g200 will influence your ac assignment, they offer you what they need that day.

When did you hire on?
Quote:
When did you hire on?
Coming up on 3 years, and getting close to the upgrade......

I'm asking mainly out of curiosity. Had a cold one with a NJ guy last week. He said he came from a regional where he flew props. Soon after completing IOE (G-200), he flies Miami-Lima, Peru. He said he felt a bit "overwhelmed". But I'm sure this happens everywhere else, majors, box-haulers, etc.

cheers
off topic but are there any training contracts for new hires
no training contracts at NJA
With the new domiciles, you get to choose which base? Is there a chance of it being full and having to go somewhere else or do you get what you want no matter what? That just seems too good to be true. Thanks in advance!
Quote: With the new domiciles, you get to choose which base? Is there a chance of it being full and having to go somewhere else or do you get what you want no matter what? That just seems too good to be true. Thanks in advance!
No base has a maximum number. What you want is what you get. You can move every 30 days to another base if you want as well.
Kind of off the subject but what do you think the chances would be that I could get an interview with Net Jets in the next year with 2600 hours and an Internal recommendation.
Quote: No base has a maximum number. What you want is what you get. You can move every 30 days to another base if you want as well.
Pilotwife,

As So Wonwee mentioned, the ability to change bases at will with the 30 day notice is one of the coolest things about the new contract.

For example I'm based in PHL now, but my parents live near Knoxville, TN. This summer the family and I are planning to stay with them for a month or two, so all I have to do is change my base to TYS (Knoxville) and I can fly out of there. When we're ready to go home, change base back to PHL. Pretty sweet.
do you generally deadhead to/ from bases on the airlines to start/ finish work or do you begin trips in base?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to