Need some opinions

Subscribe
I've been furloughed from ABX Air for going on five years...I'm tired of waiting and have been thinking about applying to World Air. I dont know anybody to walk a resume in and I dont have 3 space shuttle takeoffs and landings in my logbook. I'm close to getting recalled but then I've been close for over a year now...they have retired something like 25 or so guys this year and no recalls....looks like the same for 06...do you have to give up your senoirity number to fly at World??? I'm trying not to sound like an idiot but 5 years wears on a guy...So I would like your opinions/advice/Info....Fire away!
Tough decision.... I would head to World if given the chance, and given that you won't have to give up your seniority # at ABX. But if they make you resign that seniority, fuhgettaboutit!
Freighter Captain/MD-11 as in I work for World Air and it would be a good substitute until you could go back to ABX????????
I agree with Freighter Captain, nothing wrong with taking a job at World IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO GIVE UP YOUR SENIORITY NUMBER! I know that recall's been just around the corner for months/years but surely something's gotta happen in 2006! Hub integration took all the energy in the last quarter--I'm expecting a lot of "system adjustments" now that the holidays are behind us--and hopefully we're poised for some growth with the infrastructure (mostly) in place.
You know many of the fractional guys don't require you to resign your senority number ... or at least I know it was like that a year ago...
hey speed I sure would like to talk to you but I cant pm for some reason....r u on the union membership directory???? My key # is 69. No really its 69. If you get a chance drop me a line at my e-mail and Ill call you back.
Quote: I've been furloughed from ABX Air for going on five years...I'm tired of waiting and have been thinking about applying to World Air. I dont know anybody to walk a resume in and I dont have 3 space shuttle takeoffs and landings in my logbook. I'm close to getting recalled but then I've been close for over a year now...they have retired something like 25 or so guys this year and no recalls....looks like the same for 06...do you have to give up your senoirity number to fly at World??? I'm trying not to sound like an idiot but 5 years wears on a guy...So I would like your opinions/advice/Info....Fire away!
ultradrvr,
This advice is a little late, but why have you been waiting for ABX?? they certainly haven't been waiting for you. Throw boxes at FDX for two years and if they call you before quit and go, but if its not....... and you got the min quals for Fedex your probably in (I'm assuming you don't have a friend there now to carry your app). Good luck!