Diamond Twin Star DA-42

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
I would like to get your view on training for ME rating, Instrument and Commercial, all in the Diamond Twin Star DA-42. Or do you guys think that the conventional Seneca, Dutchess. etc are better.

Thanks all for your input.
Whatever costs the least amount possible. Trust me you don't need all that fancy glass cockpit crap to get a job flying.
Multi times multi time, get it fast and get it cheap, that's truly all that matters!

Glass experience will help you when you transition to the RJ but don't pay extra for the experience you can get on MSFS.
Get it in a conventional twin. The diamond does too much for you during an engine failure. Let's remember the principle of primacy!
Quote: Get it in a conventional twin. The diamond does too much for you during an engine failure. Let's remember the principle of primacy!
I second that. Learn to fly a traditional twin..
Quote: I second that. Learn to fly a traditional twin..
And I third that...

Oh wait - nevermind - that TwinStar will prepare you perfectly for an RJ position because nobody flies these things anymore anyway
And I fourth it. wait never mind I seconded it
Whatever's cheapest.
if given a choise I would choose a normal twin to. My school is scrapping all their senecas and getting twin stars. Imo I would fly 80% steam at least during my education, but it's not like I got much choise at this point
It is so easy to transition from Steam to a Glass six-pack (because that is all it is, anyway).

Unless the Diamond is far cheaper, don't lose out on the excellent training a real twin provides.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to