UPS pay raises

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I just read the IPNN for Wednesday, Dec 26 and it said in the "Sick Bank" topic that 2008 pay raises will go into effect 1/27/2008 for the 2/11/2008 paycheck.

I am on a trip and do not have the contract in front of me and can't remember the link to the union site (I always click a desktop icon from home).

I thought the contractual pay raises went into effect on the first day of the new year, not 1/27

What gives?? We're giving the company a whole month of work in 2008 at 2007 pay rates?

That stinks.

Rott.
Quote: I just read the IPNN for Wednesday, Dec 26 and it said in the "Sick Bank" topic that 2008 pay raises will go into effect 1/27/2008 for the 2/11/2008 paycheck.

I am on a trip and do not have the contract in front of me and can't remember the link to the union site (I always click a desktop icon from home).

I thought the contractual pay raises went into effect on the first day of the new year, not 1/27

What gives?? We're giving the company a whole month of work in 2008 at 2007 pay rates?

That stinks.

Rott.
The contract states that the Jan pay raises go into effect the first full pay period of that year. That is why the new rates start on 1/27.

Article 12 B.

c. Effective the first pay period after January 1, 2008, the below hourly rates will
apply based upon longevity and seat:
"...they got us on that one."
Just curious, are new hires that have been at UPS for one year able to participate in the sick buyout?
As a first year guy it is impossible to have enough sick time to be bought back. It will take about 4-5 yrs to get to that point, if I remember from Indoc correctly.
Buy back is possible second year based on sick accrual of 5.5hrs per pay period with a max of 108hrs increasing by 10hrs each year of the contract.
Quote: I just read the IPNN for Wednesday, Dec 26 and it said in the "Sick Bank" topic that 2008 pay raises will go into effect 1/27/2008 for the 2/11/2008 paycheck.

That stinks.

Rott.
Not trying to call you out but. Really??? Is that you're only worry in life?? You're working for one of the very few companys where after 1st year you can make well over $100,000, and you are complaining that you don't get your pay raise until Feb 1st. If you're not happy with it you can always quit.
Quote: "...they got us on that one."
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Quote: As a first year guy it is impossible to have enough sick time to be bought back. It will take about 4-5 yrs to get to that point, if I remember from Indoc correctly.
2-3 years...getting my first sick check in 2008....hopefully Uncle Sam won't take too much!
Quote:
1. And if you average out the over 100k a year plus the first year pay you do not have much.

2. If I am lucky and fly my ass off I will make 120 next year. Plus the 33 from this year is roughly 75k per year over 2 years. That is a 150k loss from where I was and 75k a year for a widebody pilot is weak weak weak.

3. I did sign up for this course and will put up with it ( for many reasons) but if something is owed to me I am going to grab it.
1. True dat!

2. You'll make more than that. I flew (3rd year pay) 20 hours of OT almost every pay period this year and I am over $140K (without bonus). I feel like I am off a lot but I am also used to working 2 jobs so maybe 20 hours per pay period is a lot for someone else....I didn't think it was though.

3. Amen bro! They were sneaky with the wording on that....I didn't catch that until we didn't get the raise right away last year.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to