UND and Horizon?

Subscribe
I've been browsing the forums here and from what I've read, it seems like Horizon has some sort of hiring deal with UND. Is this true?

See I actually haven't even started my training yet. I've been accepted into Embry-Riddle and will get automatic acceptance into UND when I send in my app this week (it's a grade thing). I know I'd like a Seattle base since that's the part of the country where I'd prefer to reside, whenever possible.

Does Embry have any kind of agreements with Horizon or Alaska?

Do Horizon pilots have an advantage if and when they apply at Alaska?
CWU has a deal with Horizon, as well. Once you get your 10 posts in, I'd suggest you do some searches and maybe check out the UND forums at JC.

In any case, choosing what school to go to, or even what to major in, based on hiring agreemments is not a great idea, in my view.

Riddle was one thing in my career I wouldn't do over if I could. And I certainly wouldn't major in aviation.
Horizon has a strong hiring agreement with UND, although recently they can't even fill the classes with UND grads. With their higher minimums for new hires, most UND grads are ending up at other regionals before they can apply to Horizon.

That said, the CP for Horizon is a former UND grad, so you can imagine his preference when it comes to bridge programs.