Pondering The New Year: A Thought

Subscribe
On this first day of 2008, I find myself wondering about a lot of things big and small, profound and frivolous. I have always been amused by the creativity (or lack thereof) of some of the users of APC, and particularly the choice of user names.

So, what is “Gooch?”

Some people use their own names like Tony, Mike, Tom, Dick and Harry.

But what is Gooch?

Some tout their military background and whether they were fighters (vipers, hornets) or transport (mooses and herks).

But what is Gooch?

Some let us know they are cargo (redeyes, boxes, dogs, nights, freights, Freds), while others are passenger.

But what is Gooch?

Some use cryptic letters (HSLD, wxyz) while others are downright imaginative (ToiletDuck – any chance you can help me with a new user name? )

But what in the world is Gooch?

And now I’m going back to ponder that other great issue of the day – Memphis or Kansas City BBQ?

Thanks everyone for the laughs and entertainment the last year. And I am also grateful for the friendship and support of many here. Look forward to another interesting year.
well my nickname doesn't have best backstory haha.
Just been my internet nickname for as long as I can remember, and I thought of it during a high school physics class ;p (I guess most of you know what a Photon is)

Happy new year to you all! Let it be a good one
Google knows all: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gooch
What's in a name...
Quote: On this first day of 2008, I find myself wondering about a lot of things big and small, profound and frivolous. I have always been amused by the creativity (or lack thereof) of some of the users of APC, and particularly the choice of user names.

So, what is “Gooch?”
Well, according to Wikipedia:

Quote:
The Gooch, a character (who is always spoken of, but never seen) on Diff'rent Strokes, an American sitcom
And "Vagabond":

Quote:
–noun
a person, usually without a permanent home, who wanders from place to place; nomad.
Could it be that user names sometimes reflect not who we are, but who we occasionally and mischieviously would like to be?
How about you?
I always imagined you got taken for a ride in a PA-17 (Vagabond) and fell in love with old Pipers...
You guys are so sweet.

I'm sorry I asked what Gooch is, but the reality is that I fell in love with biplanes first and foremost, then developed a morbid interest in the F-18. [Talk about a non-sequitur ].
I've seen Vagabonds interest in F-18's up close and personal. Boy can she scream! Hahahhahaahahah! That was soooooooooo much fun!