Starting after being hired

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Hey guys!

I was wondering how long your interview is good for at most regionals. I would really like to apply as soon as possible, but due to my age/school situation I can't start until summer (spring semester ends in May and I turn 21 in on July 1).

Someone told me that when you interview, you can take up to 6 months before starting training, but I haven't been able to find any information to back that up.

What is the earliest that you think I should apply?
Every airline is different, do your research and you will find the few that you would like to interview at first, then ask your question again. This website if full of great information if you lift a finger or two and look around. But congratulations on 121 jobs practically falling into your lap after college at the age of 21.
depends on where you want to apply. if youre looking at asa it probobly wouldnt hurt to apply now. maybe call the hr dept. wherever you want to go and see what they think.
I'm thinking Piedmont as first choice, Eagle as second, and haven't gotten too far past that. I paroozed the website, but couldn't find that information for either of those airlines.
If you're not ready to take the job, why would you interview now?
send in your resume when you are ready to interview. Make sure you meet all the mins including age before you send it out. Those airlines are going to want to start training you probably within a month of hiring you. I would not send your stuff in until you are ready to work. The month you graduate would probably be fine if you meet all the other mins. I def. would not send it in right now if you dont plan on working there til you graduate 4 months from now.

Plus, in 4 or 5 months time, a lot can change at regionals. Keep researching over the next several months and keep up with the latest news.
I interviewed with eagle in november and told them I coulnt start until late january. they didn't have any problem with it. make sure you meet mins before applying though.
Quote: If you're not ready to take the job, why would you interview now?
I guess I'm just a little freaked out about the hiring minimums. They're so incredibly low right now, I would really hate to miss such an opportunity. So the thought was that if I interviewed a few months early it would secure a position at the airline in case hiring started to slow down.
pdt is hiring at under 300 hours and under 30 multi...im sure you will be ok.
I had a couple friends looking at doing the same thing at PDT. I told them to apply about four to six weeks before graduation. Figure it will take a little bit of time to set up an interview (1-2 weeks) then, assuming a job offer is extended (which at PDT you will know before you leave) another 1 to 2 weeks. Both my friends had a class date starting the day of graduation so they asked to start in the following class and that was ok but from what I have heard they want people who can start ASAP. Good luck!
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to