Student Loan Question

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to
I consolidated with Citibank at about 5% but mine are all federal student loans. The one that wasn't I paid back first. I don't see how you can make $600/mo payments as an FO making maybe $20k the first year. And that minumum payment is only to tread water- not much of it goes to paying down the principal. Maybe it can be done but you're sure going to be living in poverty for a long time. I hate the office with a passion, but it pays a lot better. I choose to delay my entry into the airline industry until I have my finances under control. Good luck!
Oh the beauty of only having a high school diploma. Good luck with your repayment efforts and remember to pay yourself first before repaying the bank.
If I had $1000+ in loan payments monthly I think I would just stop paying, let them go to default, and work for cash for the 7 years it would take for them to go off my record. Or move out of the country.
Quote: If I had $1000+ in loan payments monthly I think I would just stop paying, let them go to default, and work for cash for the 7 years it would take for them to go off my record. Or move out of the country.
I think about that every day
What's stopping you? Seriously.
Quote: If I had $1000+ in loan payments monthly I think I would just stop paying, let them go to default, and work for cash for the 7 years it would take for them to go off my record. Or move out of the country.
You can't file bankruptcy on student loans, they "never" go away like other debit!!!!!! (but you can write off the amount you pay in intrest each year, on your taxes......mom's a CPA)
The saying is "dont run from your problems"... didnt say anything about not running from your debts!! VENEZUELA HERE WE COME!!
1.875% interest on 20k...payment of $172 until 2015.
Quote: You can't file bankruptcy on student loans, they "never" go away like other debit!!!!!! (but you can write off the amount you pay in intrest each year, on your taxes......mom's a CPA)

Hence why I'd move to Canada!!!

You *could* however transfer to credit cards, then default/bankrupt on those...

Out of curiosity is there any situation that can erase student loan debt? I know bankruptcy won't and if you just fail to pay they will garnish your wages (!). I haven't come across any, I was thinking that after so many years of non-payment they would go away after the statute of limitations has come and gone, but I don't really know anything about that stuff.
You could always witness a murder and then go into the witness protection program... But somehow I think those student loan debt collectors will still find you... they are RELENTLESS!!! I feel fortunate I dont have to deal with them...
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to