ExpressJet Reports December 2007 Performance

Subscribe
HOUSTON, Jan. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- ExpressJet Holdings (NYSE: XJT) today announced traffic and capacity results for December 2007 for its ExpressJet Airlines subsidiary. The results include statistics for both contract and branded operations. The contract operation consists of flying for Continental Airlines and Delta Air Lines under capacity purchase agreements and ExpressJet's charter (corporate aviation) service. The branded operation includes flying under the ExpressJet name and pro-rate flying for Delta Air Lines.
Contract Flying
During the month, ExpressJet revenue passenger miles (RPM) under contract flying totaled 680 million, and available seat miles (ASM) flown were 883 million. ExpressJet's December load factor was 77.0%. The company flew 61,803 block hours and operated 31,890 departures during the month.
Branded Flying
During the month, ExpressJet branded RPMs totaled 164 million on 268 million ASMs, resulting in a December load factor of 61.2%. The company flew 15,895 block hours and operated 8,141 departures during the month. The average stage length in the branded operation was 661 miles.
http://press.expressjet.com/phoenix....440&highlight=
Nice improvement, especially when you consider the branded flying (obviously).
our branded LF has been in the low 60's for a couple months now. At least OCT, NOV, and DEC... this is what we were shooting for before oil went crazy but now we need that number to get better if we are going to make money. Many of our employees are still optimistic.
Hate to break it but Jan isn't going to be a nice month. Every flight I've done so far regardless of it being Coex or American connection have been half full at best. Just don't let your hopes down over the jan numbers. I'm sure most have already expected them.
I suppose one good thing about United using CRJ2s on what should be Airbus routes is that they're usually full. Unless you like to climb better that 400fpm.

But yeah, go ExpressJet!
Quote: Hate to break it but Jan isn't going to be a nice month. Every flight I've done so far regardless of it being Coex or American connection have been half full at best. Just don't let your hopes down over the jan numbers. I'm sure most have already expected them.
That's really informative since Expressjet doesn't fly for American. Also that Branded has nothing to do with the LF on our contract flying since they are completely different markets.
Yes, thanks ToiletDuck, your extensive knowledge of load factors in the regional airline industry really helped us through over the years. Its good to know that whatever CHQ is flying out of IAH or STL represents what XJT branded will do, cause they are the same markets, right!

Just bustin your chops, sorry man. Everyone knows that January is a slow month.