Is hiring slowing down?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
It seems that hiring has slowe down a little bit from last year! It is to early to say anything so far, but I don't think 2008 will be the same as 2007. I know in fact that several regionals are not hiring and several major airlines as well.

Any comments on this topic.

good luck guys
I agree.

I think the best case for this year would be the regionals catching up with their personnel needs. Worst case, we start seeing flying at the regional level start contracting (as well) and people furloughed.
Age 65... Slowing economy... Soon to be mergers... All the makings of hiring slumps...
It's only day 12! It may end up being down this year but hiring tends to slow down during the holidays so I'd think it's way too soon to tell.
Speaking of slowing down: In today's environment, would it hurt a newer pilot's career to start 121 flying in a B1900 on the East coast?
hiring slowing down
I agree it is to early to tell, and the holiday just recently passed by so we will see. I guess I keep tight to my current company I'm flying for.
Training departments are overloaded and backlogged.
RAH has so many people in initial and upgrade they are running two shifts of ground school..... who knows what the future will bring.
trans states is taking forever as well...have a couple friends in the October new hire class, and they're just getting calls for IOE....To early to tell, lets see what happens come spring, maybe summer, when people really start saying "wow, we don't have enough pilots to fly this tin...whoops"
I think this will be a slower hiring year at the majors/LCC's, but that the regionals are so far behind that the hiring will still be quite good on the regional level. In fact, I think the regionals might actually get closer to "catching up" on hiring this year. Complete speculation.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to