JetBlue Hiring Minimums

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Been hearing from some people in the industry that JetBlue will be lowering or (changing) their minimums. Looking for some info from some B6 pilots.

More importantly will there still be a 1000PIC requirement?
I meet all the competitive minimums except for the above requirement. I should have the rest of the mins in three months, but there is an upcoming open house and I would like to know if I am eligible for interview with my current time. Thanks!

ATP
2600+ TT
2000 121 Multi-turbine
700 PIC
120 SF340 PIC
1000+ emb-145

Beagle
From the VP of flight ops a few days ago...not sure what the exact #'s will read, just check the job listing on 2/1/08 @ jetblue.com if we're still around then and not bought/merged by then...

"I am pleased to announce that effective February 1st, we will eliminate our PIC and turbine time requirements, our aircraft weight requirements, and accept turbine helicopter time as part of the Pilot Candidate's total flight time.

With the changes to our First Officer minimum requirements, we will still base our selection process on competitive qualifications. As of today, candidates being offered an interview tend to have the following ranges of experience and often well above the published minimums:

* Greater than 2,000 hrs total time

* More than 1,000 hrs PIC

* Experience in aircraft utilizing "glass cockpit" technology, Flight Management System (FMS)

* Recency of flight experience considered

* 4 year college degree

It is important to note that although our minimum requirements are being changed, final selection will still be heavily scrutinized. For example, we wanted to be able to consider an applicant who has limited PIC time because he/she has been at a carrier for many years as a First Officer, yet unable to upgrade because of limited growth. Pilots with military helicopter time have extensive experience with “glass cockpits”, FMS, and GPS navigation systems. We felt that eliminating pilots from consideration in the two above examples would be eliminating some potentially outstanding candidates."
what are the things besides crime history do they check during phase 2?
Quote: what are the things besides crime history do they check during phase 2?
your prostate.
?
Quote: From the VP of flight ops a few days ago...not sure what the exact #'s will read, just check the job listing on 2/1/08 @ jetblue.com if we're still around then and not bought/merged by then...

"I am pleased to announce that effective February 1st, we will eliminate our PIC and turbine time requirements, our aircraft weight requirements, and accept turbine helicopter time as part of the Pilot Candidate's total flight time.

With the changes to our First Officer minimum requirements, we will still base our selection process on competitive qualifications. As of today, candidates being offered an interview tend to have the following ranges of experience and often well above the published minimums:

* Greater than 2,000 hrs total time

* More than 1,000 hrs PIC

* Experience in aircraft utilizing "glass cockpit" technology, Flight Management System (FMS)

* Recency of flight experience considered

* 4 year college degree

It is important to note that although our minimum requirements are being changed, final selection will still be heavily scrutinized. For example, we wanted to be able to consider an applicant who has limited PIC time because he/she has been at a carrier for many years as a First Officer, yet unable to upgrade because of limited growth. Pilots with military helicopter time have extensive experience with “glass cockpits”, FMS, and GPS navigation systems. We felt that eliminating pilots from consideration in the two above examples would be eliminating some potentially outstanding candidates."

Wow, if I can convince my instrument student to upgrade his G-1000 panel with a FMS, I'm in!!!
any reason why jetblue is doing this? dont they get enough applications as it is?
Quote: any reason why jetblue is doing this? dont they get enough applications as it is?
Read what they wrote:

"we wanted to be able to consider an applicant who has limited PIC time because he/she has been at a carrier for many years as a First Officer, yet unable to upgrade because of limited growth. Pilots with military helicopter time have extensive experience with “glass cockpits”, FMS, and GPS navigation systems. We felt that eliminating pilots from consideration in the two above examples would be eliminating some potentially outstanding candidates."
JetBlue added "FAA ATP License" to the published minimums in September. Anyone know if this stays in place with the reduced minimums effective Feb 1st?

Thanks
Sounds like the pool is running dry.
Quote: JetBlue added "FAA ATP License" to the published minimums in September. Anyone know if this stays in place with the reduced minimums effective Feb 1st?

Thanks
I would hope so!
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to