AirTran MCO Hub?'s

Subscribe
Here are a few thoughts maybe some at AT could elaborate on the previous thread of MCO being the new pilot hub:

1. Will Sr. Guys desire to be at MCO v. ATL?
2. Will it be all 717, 737 or a mix?
3. Any chance of dudes in training getting a company swung hotel since the line "we don't get you a hotel because this is your domicile" isn't necessarily true? (I'm sure of the answer of this one)
4. Does this mean Caribbean-type destinations, or just an easing of the East coast load?
5. Was MCO a hub before?

I know this is all smoke and mirrors at this point, just curious about opinions out there.
Here are some answers:
1. Who knows.
2. Mix
3. No
4. SJU in March. Told more to follow.
5. I believe it was for the original Airtran guys, but not for what we now know as Airtran.

Is this mco base anything more than another rumor?
1. probably, lots of commuters out of there now
2. anyones guess
3. absolutely, if you're based in MCO, and training is in ATL (or anywhere outside MCO), they are required by the contract to get you a hotel. I've had a hotel/car for training in MIA. Others have had the same in Long Beach, CA.
4. no idea
5. yes, it closed down in late '98, around the same time they closed IAD.
Just Say No to "virtual bases".....
Quote: Just Say No to "virtual bases".....

Are virtual bases the same as "home basing"?
lol, ahhh no. this is just a reporting point. period. no bennies what so ever. none are planned for the pilots at the moment. that we are aware of.
All I care about is bringing an end to Hip Hop.
I would love for us to have more choices.
Quote: Just Say No to "virtual bases".....
Please educate me as I'm new with the company. What's the problem with virtual bases for pilots? Seems to me commuters would love the option and it would be almost a "no cost" item for the company.

-FA