Good UPS 747 Rumor

Subscribe
Yesterday just happened to have an FAA guy in the plane and he was worried about getting enough people in the office to manage the new 747-400 program that has been moved forward to this spring. Didn't say where these were coming from, but this differs from the advertised June 2007 delivery date that Brown put out in the official announcement. Any comment?
So whos going to fly these planes??? When do you think we should start training pilots for these planes??? Think about it...
Two possibles. The FAA guy was full of it, or expect a bid out in the very near future. Think about that.
There is no way this will happen, iMO. But I do think there will be 2 more big system bids this year with lots of movement.
are the big system bids with lots of movement before or after the furlough announcement of 320.

(the above statement was only a joke referencing 2003)

sue
U-N-I-T-Y kept those 100 soldiers from the streets. It will also get us a great contract in 2006 or 2007.
when i spoke to the person that actually announced the furlough, she said it was just a bad political move from ATL managent and that will never going to happen. (that was on the first day of announcing it). GO FIGURE
It would be rather difficult for UPS to accelerate the 747-400 program. The company just announced the core team of managers, and the search for instructors has just begun with initial selections to be anounce later this summer.

Although we have only announced the purchase of eight new 747-400's, it's common knowledge around here that we will be buying many more 747-400 conversion aircraft. The new aircraft we bought only due to the longer timeframe for delivering converted airframes. All of this is driving the 2007 implementation date.
Thanks for the good info, Fr8. So if I understand it right, the converted 400's will come after the new ones?