New Guy within 1 year of ADSC end

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Sherpa,

Very, very good points. You're right, I am dreaming about the grass on the other side. Hearing about your experiences does put it in a different perspective.

I'm not totally unhappy about where I'm at, but there are a few things (as with any job) are becomming more and more unbearable.

For one, my two children live with my ex. Where I'm at now, I see 'em during the summer and XMas, and that's it. My major concern is finding a place to plant my @ss for a while, and getting some more time in with the kids. You know what I'm talking about.

Your post does make me think, though. Thanks.

Dark
HofbrauHaus
DG...

Let me see if I get this correct. You are stationed in Germany, working on your mastery of the German language, making I hope regular visits to the local HofBrauHaus, and you want to separate from all of that?

What am I missing here?????

Quote: Actually, I haven't considered that. I figured, if I had to stay in, might as well take the bonus. The bonus, however, comes with (STS) a 5 year contract.

The biggest problem is there aren't that many F-15 ANG units around. Additionally, I'm on 'personnel exchange' flying the German Tornado for the next 11 months, so it'll be difficult to market myself to the Guard.

D@mn, I need one more year AD without a contract....but, no 5 yr contract, no bonus...
DG,

Stay active duty and enjoy your time in the military...I'm at 12 years now and will retire in 8 years. Looking forward to that paycheck twice a month to supplement my 135 freight dog job...:-) The wife is the smart one in the family - she makes the real money , i bring in the chump change - but I've got the better QOL, and job...

-LA
Think About Not taking the Bonus and getting an AETC Gig. Home every night. Lots of hours. Only a PCS Commitment. Associated Reverves for Networking.

Downsides: AETC Mentality.
Vito, I am a ex C-17 guy and now a C-130J guy where were you between 1998 and 2003?
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to