Airnet vs. Ameriflight

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
I agree....that year of 135 experience will definately help when you apply to a regional!!
Quote: I agree....that year of 135 experience will definately help when you apply to a regional!!
Isn't a regional a step backwards from 135?
In some cases...yes.
Do companies like Ameriflight hire people with low hours I have 550 tt 125 me
I know it is required 1200 for pic but do they hire SIC for any of the flights
The bad thing about AMF is this if you have enough time to get right into the 99 you will constantly get bumped backwards as the chieftain pilots hired before you decide to upgrade. So unless you are willing to take an outstation, you have to be leary of that. People that are driving to outstations get bumped out of them as the company finds people to live in the outstations and as they say the **** rolls down hill. I know of a story of a guy who was in the 1900 and got bumped back to the 99, because of the above mentioned scenario. Also they will hire you as a training captain on the chieftain with less than 1200, but I don'y know what the exact mins are for that.
Quote: Do companies like Ameriflight hire people with low hours I have 550 tt 125 me

yes they will hire you as a pa31 training ca,,you can go on line when you get 1200tt.
what kind of job is that? do I need to get my CFII or just my CFI is good?
Quote: Do companies like Ameriflight hire people with low hours I have 550 tt 125 me
Yes, last I checked 500 was the minimum for EMB120 FO's, they want a little more experience for the Lear FOs.

Problem is, there aren't that many Brasillias in the fleet. You may have to wait for a postion to open up.
Where/what aircraft are newhires for AMF generally placed? I am curious about this company but I don't have the PIC mins - I have 850TT and 500 SIC turbine multi, already working for a 135 company but looking for a change/better pay, and with the regionals slowing down right now, I'm looking at other options.
Quote: what kind of job is that? do I need to get my CFII or just my CFI is good?
You pretty much need all your instructor ratings, up to the MEI.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to