What Would YOU Give Up For A 50-Inch Plasma TV?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I don't know, but I could be persuaded to give it up for a 100-inch model.

From Reuters:

LONDON - Nearly half of British men surveyed would give up sex for six months in return for a 50-inch plasma TV, a survey — perhaps unsurprisingly carried out for a firm selling televisions — said on Friday.

Electrical retailer Comet surveyed 2,000 Britons, asking them what they would give up for a large television, one of the latest consumer “must-haves.”

The firm found 47 percent of men would give up sex for half a year, compared to just over a third of women.

“It seems that size really does matter more for men than women,” the firm said.

A quarter of people said they would give up smoking, with roughly the same proportion willing to give up chocolate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23070437/
If it's retroactive, I can get one for every room in the house.
Quote: If it's retroactive, I can get one for every room in the house.
Ouch!!!!!!
What Would YOU Give Up For A 50-Inch Plasma TV?

A 48 inch TV

The firm found 47 percent of men would give up sex for half a year

Maybe they only have sex once or twice a year...
but only 33 percent of woman would give up sex? so less women than men would give up sex for a TV....so they value sex more than men? I find that HARD to believe....I mean they go without sex all the time, hence our lack of it, but wouldn't be willing to give it up for a TV? Something is skewing those numbers
Quote: I mean they go without sex all the time, hence our lack of it

Speak for yourself. Use "my" instead of "our"

Sorry chap, you flew right into that one
Im not sure if it's the fact that they like sex more than men... I think it's the fact that we like TVs more than women do.
Most of those Brit guys spend their free time dressed in womens clothing and hanging about in bars anyway, no great sacrifice for them. Just like their dear mama.
i would rather give up the $1700.00 i spent on mine rather than giving up sex for ANY amount of time....
If this myth were true then all monasteries would look like Circuit City. I say myth busted.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to