CAL Profit Sharing Q

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I was just wondering how the company figures out who get how much when they figure your profit sharing bonus. Also about how much does each pilot receive?
It is complex based on percentages of profit made.
Workers get 30% of the first $250 million made, 20% of the second $250 million made, and 20% of anything over $500 million. It is then divided up by the workgroups based on how much that workgroup gave up in concessions ($500 million worth in 2005) and finally divided up by each worker by how much they worked/earned that year.

I know a FO who has been with CAL only 2 years (working normal hours) that got $8,000. The more you make the more you get.
congrads to anyone getting a big check over there. sounds like a good place.
Quote: congrads to anyone getting a big check over there. sounds like a good place.
I second that, thats great they are getting a lot. I hope they really stick it to management for a good contract!
Quote:
I second that, thats great they are getting a lot.
We're not even getting back half of what we gave up.
Gracias OTTO.
Quote: We're not even getting back half of what we gave up.

Never forget that fact. They can dress this pig up anyway they want and it still doesn't make up for Contract '02.
Profit Sharing
Why don't you two overworked and abused clowns tell them what your W2's were last year versus before your so called paycut and oh yeah next years projection.

Why don't you tell them your hourly rate versus the real airlines you think are out there. Please>>>>>>>>>>>> To bad you are not at those airlines as I would love to see your posts.

You are Pathetic!
Quote:
Why don't you two overworked and abused clowns tell them what your W2's were last year versus before your so called paycut and oh yeah next years projection.
Your name calling insinuates immaturity. If you have a question beyond the wage numbers provided by the web site or difficulty with the math I'm sure there's some here who can help you.

My statement is to those who think the profit sharing checks are actual bonuses. No, they are not. Consessions were made after 9/11 to help the airline recover. Management took full advantage and re-aligned pay. We basically made them an interest free loan, and they are not even repaying the principle. The pilots at AA saw through this, held firm, and got snap back provisions. NOW......they negotiate from a higher starting point. We'll be lucky to get back what we had on the next contract. And that will make , in all likelyhood, about 10 years at the same wage rate. Regardless of what you may think my W2 reflects......when I average in the years upon years of commuter flying, charter and flight instruction........just another average living.
Quote: Why don't you two overworked and abused clowns tell them what your W2's were last year versus before your so called paycut and oh yeah next years projection.

Why don't you tell them your hourly rate versus the real airlines you think are out there. Please>>>>>>>>>>>> To bad you are not at those airlines as I would love to see your posts.

You are Pathetic!

Where did that come from? Not sure who you work for but your obviously one unhappy camper. Perhaps a job change is in order.

Pathetic indeed !!!
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to