NJA Hawker 4000

Subscribe
I don't know what the the rumors and truths that are floating around within NJA regarding the 4000, but I saw N15QS in CLT. I'm not going to lie... if I was at a bar, I would have bought it a drink. It is one slick looking aircraft. I've always been a sucker for Hawker's but the 4000 is one of the best looking aircraft I've seen. It said "Experimental" right next to the door so I'm guessing they were doing proving runs with it or certification related stuff. It took off before we did but we were in the same Center sector and it sounded like they were doing some type of airwork and GPS approaches. If I'm lucky enough to get hired at NJA and the 4000 is offered, I'm jumping on that so fast.
Great machine, I heard it can stay in the air for 7 hours, good range, and great performance. According to this website, we get our first April/2008, let's see what happens. Supposely NJ-Europe has "accelerated" the delivery of 4 of those things.
NJA and NJE will get them when the gremlins are all removed. I talked to the test pilots on 15QS over a year ago and they said it was a performance beast, but it had lots of glitches that they have been trying to work out for years. I hope they get them all fixed up soon so we can hire pilots faster and upgrade the FOs on property quicker also.
Quote: NJA and NJE will get them when the gremlins are all removed. I talked to the test pilots on 15QS over a year ago and they said it was a performance beast, but it had lots of glitches that they have been trying to work out for years. I hope they get them all fixed up soon.
Oh man, I bet this is going to cost Raytheon. I believe the manufacturer has to pay a 'late penalty fee' if they fail to meet a dellivery date. They've missed a few.

They better fix those damn "gremlins" soon, or Santulli will get those things for free.