Steve Fossett Offically Dead

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/15/obit.fossett/

(sorry for soooo many posts in this forum)
Call me a conspiracy nut, but does anyone else think he may have been shot down over Area 51? I know the Nevada desert is huge and all, and it is highly likely that he just crashed somewhere that we haven't looked yet, but the Area 51 possibility keeps nagging at me. The ranch he took off from is within flying range of Area 51 and he didn't file a flight plan which is a red flag
to the defense personel guarding Area 51. Maybe he decided to try flying over it like I sometimes think about.

I apologize if this seems nutty, my common sense and grammar usually go to hell at 1:30
Quote: Call me a conspiracy nut, but does anyone else think he may have been shot down over Area 51? I know the Nevada desert is huge and all, and it is highly likely that he just crashed somewhere that we haven't looked yet, but the Area 51 possibility keeps nagging at me. The ranch he took off from is within flying range of Area 51 and he didn't file a flight plan which is a red flag
to the defense personel guarding Area 51. Maybe he decided to try flying over it like I sometimes think about.

I apologize if this seems nutty, my common sense and grammar usually go to hell at 1:30
Umm, how about no. But it could have been aliens. Maybe he's being anal probed as we speak...
I see he is well missed....
I have raised my glass to him. Good bad or indifferent, he was an aviator and adventurer.
Have a lot of cash? Want to get away?

Hmmmm.
Quote: Call me a conspiracy nut, but does anyone else think he may have been shot down over Area 51? I know the Nevada desert is huge and all, and it is highly likely that he just crashed somewhere that we haven't looked yet, but the Area 51 possibility keeps nagging at me. The ranch he took off from is within flying range of Area 51 and he didn't file a flight plan which is a red flag

Even if he gets shot down the government cant really acknowledge it so they keep it on the low. haha.
Not sure about the spouses timing of the declaration of death. It may have something to do with the fact that there is a really good chance that a democrat will be elected. This would probably cause a rollback on the tax cuts - including estate tax cuts. If the new president gets elected and repeals the tax cuts and restores the 55% estate tax with the $600k exemption it would probably be financially safer to declare him dead in 2008 and pay estate taxes under existing rules. Just my opinion on the timing of this.
Quote: Even if he gets shot down the government cant really acknowledge it so they keep it on the low. haha.
Exactly. He took off in a Bellanca Super Decathalon that had a range of 563 miles

Again, I'm not saying anything, but...
he's living in some other country living it up. i doubt a pilot like that and an overall adventurer like he was would let something like that happen to him.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to