NASCAR airforce ?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Well if you hang out at FlightSafety, the NASCAR team pilots are the ones wearing camo pants and flip-flops, spitting into a cup.

(Would be funny if not true....)
I've run into the guys operating the Saab 2000's a couple of times. They definitely are good old boys. But, not as bad as you describe. They just don't seem to have to wear the monkey suits like the rest of us.

They seem like OK guys.
Any factual info you want to know, I'll be glad to pass along, as I've been in the business for 10 years. PM me.
Team Penske has a large flight dept. CRJ , G450. They used to have 3 Lear 60's but I think they sold those and bought some G150's.

Dale Earnhardt's company has a couple black ERJ 135's or Legacys. Can't miss them.

These jobs are almost always filled before anybody even knows there's an opening, as with most corporate jobs.
I have a few contacts within NASCAR, and it is tough. Won't have a chance with out inside pull, The dude is right...it's all timing and luck.
8 years on the circuit and couldn't be happier to be away from it!
Quote: Any factual info you want to know, I'll be glad to pass along, as I've been in the business for 10 years. PM me.
you need a few more posts to get pm's. you work for hendrick? noticed that saab 2000 in the avatar?
Well, I better get posting then......LOL. I don't frequent this site often....spend more time at PPW. Yea, I'm with JGR on the Saab and LJ.
What is PPW

I also don't have enough posts to PM, I will work on it and then PM you
Not true...
Quote: Well if you hang out at FlightSafety, the NASCAR team pilots are the ones wearing camo pants and flip-flops, spitting into a cup.

Kind of a broad statement there, Flex. Not all of us are "dip-spittin'" rednecks... but I certainly do enjoy hanging out at FlightSafety VRB in my shorts (although not camo) and flip flops watching the "pilots" walk around in their special little outfits...

I have been in the NASCAR Airforce for about nine years. It is not a bad place to work.

LOL, but it's a great gig. Did it back in 1990 out of GSO when NASCAR was "young" compared to now. Bleary-eyed teams showing up at 5:00 am Sunday morning at Atlantic Aero, ready to go!

Only bad part is you get to watch the race on TV from the FBO.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to