DAL Question

Subscribe
I am a new hire at DAL. At my old airline we got a big discount to send overnight FedEx. Does DAL not have these same discounts? I tried to ship something and the FEDEX lady behind the desk said that Delta had no interline agreements. ???
DAL does have an agreement for discounts with FedEx. As I recall, the caveat was that you had to ship from a DAL/FedEx colocated facility. There's one at the airport at ATL for example.
I seem to recall that I got a discount just for being alpa?
Quote: DAL does have an agreement for discounts with FedEx. As I recall, the caveat was that you had to ship from a DAL/FedEx colocated facility. There's one at the airport at ATL for example.

The FedEx discount is no more. We now get a discount with DHL. There are two ways to go about it.

1. There is an employee website where you can create shipping labels and pay. You then take your package to a DHL office and drop it off.

2. If you are not up for the 30 minutes it takes to create your initial profile on the computer, you can just take the package and your ID to a DHL office. BIG CAVEAT!!! If you go this route, DO NOT PAY WITH A CC. Use cash or a check. The bean counters at DHL usually miss the discount code and add the full rate charges to your CC at a later date. It takes a frustrating time to get them to reverse the charges.
Quote: The FedEx discount is no more. We now get a discount with DHL. There are two ways to go about it.
Delta has no agreement with FedEx like every other airline does?
Quote: Delta has no agreement with FedEx like every other airline does?
Nope. There was FedEx, then UPS, now it's DHL only.