How many nights away from home in 07?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I just finshed my taxes, 79 nights away from home in 07. How did you do?
That's awesome.

But it could really be opened ended and some comparisons really wouldn't be valid.

Commute vs. live in base.

Crew domiciles in hubs vs. outstation basing/home every night. It's cool to be home every night, but if you are based in some small town with nothing to do and the wife and kids are bored out of thier minds, is that so great?

Of course senior would be home more, companies that offer a larger variety of day trips vs those that may not.

etc.
Live in base, relatively senior f/o, 92 nights away.
For 2007 I had about 176 nights away from home in 9 months. That would include training which adds a bunch of extra days. I am also a long haul commuter and I always travel to base the night before my trips start.
26 nights in a hotel 2007. (2 pilot part 91 corporate operation, 1 training event.)
183 nights away from home...1 day over half the year...
Quote: I just finshed my taxes, 79 nights away from home in 07. How did you do?
You had 79 nights away and ANPBird had 176? You both fly the EMB 120 (presumably at the same airline), why the huge difference in time on the road?
I always carry my cardboard box on trips so techincally I am never away from home
Quote: You had 79 nights away and ANPBird had 176? You both fly the EMB 120 (presumably at the same airline), why the huge difference in time on the road?
Schedules can vary based upon the types of trips you bid (locals, Stand-Ups, 2 day, 3 day or 4 day trips) and how senior you are within your domicile (can you hold commutable trips or do you have to come in the night before). If you commute you'll want to bid 4 day trips, but if you live locally you can bid 1 & 2 day trips.

I live in base and in 2007 I only spent 61 nights away but I was home every day! I also made $52K (includes Per Diem) as a second year FO at SKW with an average of 16 days off per month.

Unfortunately 2008 isn't going to be as kind. Yes I'll make between $65 and $70K as a third year CA but I'll be back to commuting which is a huge decrease in QOL.
Quote: You had 79 nights away and ANPBird had 176? You both fly the EMB 120 (presumably at the same airline), why the huge difference in time on the road?
I fly the RJ, just lazy to update my profile.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to