Are F/Os really scum?

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 7 of 12
Go to
Had a jumpseater on my last day of IOE and we were overweight because of him. We went back to the gate and got ballast (a time consuming process since the ramp didn't have enough initially until they borrowed some from another airline). Throughout the flight, the jumpseater who was clearly familiar with our airplane talked with me and the captain about all sorts of topics (sterile cockpit respected of course).

Even when I F-'d up the passenger brief by informing the passengers that we were 35 minutes from landing (and we were more like 1 hour and 20 minutes from landing) he remained mute on my error. I respect him for doing so, maybe he did it 'cause I told him I was brand new.

Every situation is different. I'd listen to the advice given throughout this thread. Don't always assume the guy is a jerk. Take a look at yourself and initiate a conversation if it's that important to you. It's impossible to sit and reflect on all the factors that may have contributed to the J/S not talking to you. Kind of a waste of time in my book. I've met lots of people that don't like me, and in my more recent years....I don't give it a second thought. I doubt it has anything to do with the fact that you're an FO....realize that sometimes people just have crummy days.
about 4 weeks ago I had a guy (about 19 years old) jumpseat on my plane without my knowledge. When I found out and asked why he didnt come up front to say hi/ask for a ride upon reaching out destination, he told me "My flight school told me I get umlimited jumpseats when I passed the program and became an airline pilot." I tried to correct him but he cocked an attitude. Ive had this on more than one occasion from the 250 hour program guys. "disclaimer"--im not knocking low timers/flight programs here. Just always ask for a ride if you want to jumpseat and dont confuse jumpseating with nonreving as someone previously mentioned.
Note for all. I'm tired of giving out warnings/infractions.

You can't say ******* here.

Thanks for your cooperation in the future.
Noted.........
A CA that allows a JS to disrespect his FO is pretty low in my book. A CA should look after their crew and disrespect showed toward the FO should be treated as disrespect towards the CA.
Just save it all up and dish it back when you are exalted to Captain.
You cant fix your problems until you admit you have a problem. I'll start.

Hi. My name is UnlimitedAkro, I am an F.O. and I am scum.
Quote: You cant fix your problems until you admit you have a problem. I'll start.

Hi. My name is UnlimitedAkro, I am an F.O. and I am scum.
Hi UnlimitedAkro
Quote: Hey for over an hour I got wacked in the back of the head by a fdx guy who thought it was funny.... See, I didn't say anything, because the captain told him to do it and that "he likes it".... so I got hit across the head from DFW to MEM... what a ride, while flying the appropriate departure too. Don't worry man, others HAVE had worse.

Also had the owner at my last job tell me "you dont know what the ******* you're talking about, so shut the ******* up and don't spread rumors" when all I did was ask him about an FAR. 3 stripes, bad, one more stripe, good. That's all I know.

Oh yeah, like others have said, don't assume they are jerks just because of that. And don't be afraid to take a stand, like I didn't do on those two occasions. I don't know, something about being on probation makes me afraid to do much of anything. LoL So yeah, i'm being hypocritical. I wish I didn't feel like I would have been fired, but if I had said anything in either of those situations, what I would have said would have GOTTEN me fired, so keep that in mind IF you decide to take the stand!
Not trying to start anything but I surely won't be worried about my job if some jerk was hitting me in my head. First hit shame on you, second shame on me. Also, chances are that old boss of yours cursed others out before you. Had he been stopped, it wouldn't have happened. Stand for something of fall for anything.
Quote: Not trying to start anything but I surely won't be worried about my job if some jerk was hitting me in my head. First hit shame on you, second shame on me. Also, chances are that old boss of yours cursed others out before you. Had he been stopped, it wouldn't have happened. Stand for something of fall for anything.
You took the words out of my mouth.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 7 of 12
Go to