AMF, RAM, FLX, AIRNET....training contracts?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: So as a new hire, in the PA31, you sign a 6 month contract, then another when upgrading to the BE99?

I agree, they are a great gig if you plan to stay and accumulate some turbine time.
There's no financial contract for the Chieftain. Everyone signs the "integrity" contract for their first year, regardless of what they're flying.

Then, when you get a BE99 slot, you sign a six month training contract. When you get into a Metro, its another year with the company. Again, there's financial penalties for breaking the turboprop/jet training contracts.
Thanks!!!!
Quote: There's no financial contract for the Chieftain. Everyone signs the "integrity" contract for their first year, regardless of what they're flying.

Then, when you get a BE99 slot, you sign a six month training contract. When you get into a Metro, its another year with the company. Again, there's financial penalties for breaking the turboprop/jet training contracts.
are you talking about AMF?
Quote: are you talking about AMF?
Yes.

Let me give you a couple scenarios. Go for a chieftain on the west coast, you'll likely get the BE99 within six months. If that's the case, the BE99 six month contract will likely expire at the same time your one year contract does.

You could also go to an all turbine base like SLC, or take an outstation to get hired right into the BE99. The six month contract will expire within the one year contract, but then again, most people in SLC get a shot at a Metro within 9 months of their date of hire, in which case, your new contract will expire one year from the day you pass your Metro ride.
Good scenario. I would've liked to work there, but I was asked to get 50 hours actual (while meeting 135 mins).... thats expensive! :-)
50 hours of actual???? WOW!!!
heh... thats what I thought too... I wonder if it was a combo of actual and sim
I think that is a bit high and thought they were desperate for pilots.

They also have Training Captain slots in OAK and BUR from time to time, if you don't quite meet 135 mins.
I don't have a CFI or II :-(
If I'm not mistaken, they're refering to instrument time in airplanes (ie hood or IMC) when they say "actual." Sim time obviously does not count for "actual."
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to