FDX - Hiring, Domiciles, and FDA Questions

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hello all. I am just wondering what things at fedex look like for the next time they start hiring. My guess is that junior pilots would be sent overseas to hong kong? Can a junior pilot hold memphis? Also what is this "FDA" that everone is talking about? Thanks in advance.
Yes FDA means Foreign Domicile Assignment which equals Hong Kong or Paris. Currently no hiring due to overmanning but we may be hiring a few into the FDA's by the end of the year. Getting hired into MEM probably won't be happening for a few years. Good luck.
Thanks. what are the other bases for FDX? I believe anchorage is one correct?
Anchorage and LAX.
ANC, MEM, LAX, SFS (for another few months), HKG, CDG.
ANC is an MD-11 base only with mostly Asian flying (some Europe some domestic)
LAX is also MD11/10 flying only with lots more domestic flying but also Asia and some Europe.
MEM is a MD11/10, A300, B757, B727, DC10 base that flies all over the world--definitely has the best variety and nicest schedules for senior guys who live in MEM. But it's MEM which is hell on earth in my view.
I like ANC, but then again, I grew up here and am a product of the system.
If they hire a few FDA's at the end of the year how long to you think they will be stuck in hong kong? I like the idea of fedex, however the thought of being stuck in hong kong is not too pleasant for me.
Depending on who you ask, 2 to 5 years. Bottom line is, like where you know you'll be while hoping for better.
Quote: If they hire a few FDA's at the end of the year how long to you think they will be stuck in hong kong? I like the idea of fedex, however the thought of being stuck in hong kong is not too pleasant for me.
I would think at least 5 yrs!
Pig,

Why not an Anchorage Pilots logo instead of the Red Sox? Anyone can be a Red Sox fan, but I doubt many of the board regulars have seen a Pilot's game...
Hiring 15-18 months
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to