Probation For Doctor Who Made NWA Bomb Threats

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
I think the punishment is fair. He disrupted society, and now he's putting his vocation to use by giving back to the community.
Quote: I disagree that he didn't endanger anybody. He most certainly did. Evacuating an aircraft because there may be a bomb on it leaves a lot of room for panic-related injuries. Having said that, though, I think his sentence was reasonable, considering his apparent regret and cooperation, indicating that he isn't likely to do this again. That's still a pretty penny he's got to pay...
Did they blow the doors? I'm not sure that's SOP for a random phone threat without any real evidence. Al Queda doesn't call in threats, they just push the button.
Quote: Al Queda doesn't call in threats, they just push the button.
You aren't going to make it very far if you try and make your point on a case by case basis. There are still MANY situations where people have been notified. This wasn't right by any means. There's a reason you hear "Even jokes about bombs or terroristic activities can mean jail time".
Quote: Did they blow the doors? I'm not sure that's SOP for a random phone threat without any real evidence. Al Queda doesn't call in threats, they just push the button.
I don't know what they did, but I'm not worried about doors, I'm worried about people trampling each other...
Are you kidding me? This guy commits a felony by phoning in terroristic threats and all he gets is a fine and community service. His little phone threat probably cost the tax payers many thousands of dollars in police, ambulance, and fire dept resources on top of the $81K lost by NWA. Not to mention the costly delay to the hundred+ passengers on the flight which could have cost them thousands in lost time and connections.

There are thousands of volunteers in this country who do community service everyday out of the kindness of their hearts, and they didn't commit any felonies. This guy deserves to be in jail.
Quote: There are thousands of volunteers in this country who do community service everyday out of the kindness of their hearts, and they didn't commit any felonies. This guy deserves to be in jail.
I agree, community service and the fine isn't enough. I especially hate the fact that he blamed it on his medication issues. Just accept responsibility for being a whack job.
What would happen to an airline pilot who did the same thing?

The Dr. should loose his license to practice medicine (Do no harm !) and he should be put on a TSA watch list. Each airline could consider "banning" his travel.
2 questions:

Anybody know how come it took all of 3 calls for them to take it seriously? If I try to take water and a nailclip through security, I'm in trouble...

What's NWA's protocol for bomb threats? People are talking about pax trampling each other in a stampede. I doubt they say "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, there's a bomb on board. Get off via the nearest exit." I'm sure it's well thought out beforehand. Maybe some people are overreating to pax rxns?
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to