CFI ticket

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
The CFI is mostly ground work. SInce you are a comercial pilot, you already know how to fly. SO, the CFI is basically teaching you how to teach. How to make lesson plans and how to give instruction. Youwill probably actually fly around 15-25 hours but most of your training wil be in the classroom
CFI Ticket
WEACLRS, I got my MEI first, and it was not with the FAA, it was with a regular DPE, and I had 230 TT. I got my MEII the next day, and my CFISE less than week later. You can do it this way. I went through ATP's 90 day course, but they have a CFI school which is 2 weeks long and you will have all three CFIs at the end of those 2 weeks. I can't remember who it was, but if you apply to instruct at ATP and they hire you, you get to fly all the multi time that comes your way, I get about 30-50 hours/month. You can't beat it.
Quote: WEACLRS, I got my MEI first, and it was not with the FAA, it was with a regular DPE, and I had 230 TT. I got my MEII the next day, and my CFISE less than week later. You can do it this way. I went through ATP's 90 day course, but they have a CFI school which is 2 weeks long and you will have all three CFIs at the end of those 2 weeks. I can't remember who it was, but if you apply to instruct at ATP and they hire you, you get to fly all the multi time that comes your way, I get about 30-50 hours/month. You can't beat it.

Does ATP offer this 2 week CFI/CFII/MEI/MEII program by-itself?

Also, not to sidetrack the thread - but how do most people pay for their Commerical Ticket? Loans?
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to