Virgin America Now Accepting Applications

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Virgin America has started accepting applications for thier start-up LCC operation out of SFO. Web site says up to 100 pilots first year.

No word on pay.

http://www.prohire.com/candidates/de...szSearchWords=
Working for that ******* Carty? Sign me up...
Airbus type rating preferred.
Let's see............flying Airbus 320's at regional wages.........NOT!
If they offer more than 100 an hour for the left seat, I would be surprised. Please don't anyone do it!
You kiddin'? There are THOUSANDS who will fly the A320 for less than $100/hr. They'll get 20,000 resumes, just watch.
Quote: You kiddin'? There are THOUSANDS who will fly the A320 for less than $100/hr. They'll get 20,000 resumes, just watch.
If my legacy carrier gets their way, DC9 Captains will barely make that, and 9yr F/O's if not furloughed, will be making in the 60's.

Getting a quick upgrade to a 320 Captain at $120/hr looks better all the time.

I'm glad you can afford to be so pious about standards - how many junior pilots is your MEC going to sacrifice to maintain your standard of living?

"Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it himself"
We don't have an MEC, not working at an ALPA carrier. Plus, we are'nt furloughing (Thank God).

I assume you're NWA, so I understand the comment. My hope is your contract does'nt get gutted. Is NewCo only going to fly 70/100-seat RJs? Is the rift over WHO is going to fly them or the wage scale for them? I'm assuming NWA does'nt want to pay NWA ALPA DC-9 wages. Best of luck.

Did you REALLY fly an SH-2 'SeaSprite' LAMPS II?
Quote: Did you REALLY fly an SH-2 'SeaSprite' LAMPS II?
You must have got my profile from that "other" board, and yes I did fly the mighty Lamps Mk 1. I rarely admit this in public, but since I have long since overcome my helo handicap I can talk about it now.....

BTW, who are you working for and are they hiring? I have 2500+ in the 757. PM me on the other board....thanks....
Fly4Hire, I tried to PM you, but your e-mail is blocked. Send me a PM, I'll brief you on HACS/WASINC/JALways. I have 5-6 furloughed colleagues there.

Plus, my company IS hiring. Let me know if interested. Best of luck.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to