Blood Donation

Subscribe
I was hoping someone could hep me with finding the FAR requiring a wait after donating blood. I have found AC90-89A which says you should wait 3 weeks before flying again. The military also has a rule of 72 hours, which is what my flight school required. And yet after hours of searching the FAR/AIM I have yet to find any info. Hopefully someone knows it, otherwise I will have to make a call to the local FSDO.
72 hours after donating blood. 12 hours after donating plasma.
Far
Do you know where it is in the FAR's
I'm not that it is in the FAR's come to think of it. The 72/12 is UND's policy. I don't have the FAR's in front of me but I'll take a look. Did did check to see if the AIM had anything?
Aim
Yeah I looked in the AIM as well, I found nothing. I'll look again. I figured it would be in the same spot or around where it talks about scuba diving but no such luck.
There is no FAR pertaining to blood or plasma donations.
Normally covered by company's ops manual. World is 14 days.
Blood Donation
72 hours at Northwest. Don't know about FAR/AIM.
From AC90-89B - "Blood Donations. If you donate 1 unit or 500 ml of blood or less, the FAA recommends that you do not pilot an aircraft for 24 hours; if you give more than 1 unit or more than 500 ml, the FAA recommends that you do not pilot an aircraft for 72 hours."