NWA DC-9 Personal Leaves

Subscribe
Someone posted in the "majors" forum that scheduling was offering personal leaves for DC-9 CAs and F/Os for June.

Can you north guys confirm this? And if so.....

What's goin' on?
Jay,

Yeah some DC -9 guy just posted that on our ALPA board wondering whats up. If it's part of an early 9 parking and layoffs on our end, this doesn't bode well. Plus, we weren't going to cut service till the fall......where is the lift coming from? My summer commute (DFW - MSP) may just have got even less fun than usual.

Ferd
Not just the -9's. All 320/330/757/747/744 pilots got an email too about personal leaves in June, however, ours were advertising 1 or 2 DAY personal leaves.
Don't want to add fuel to the fire of worries but I have read that NWA is planning to park 10 DC9s and 15 to 17 A319, 320s and B757s. It may all eventually work itself out by reemploying all concerned to widebody international routes.

I noticed few of the DFW to MSP flights have been downgraded to Mesaba and Compass RJs. I commute too so everytime a flight is downgraded, it makes my commute a little harder. It may eventually be ugraded to larger mainline jets if the PX load goes up this summer, which I think it will.