How are things at Compass?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: higney,

I'm pretty sure bohicagain was ripping on the poster, not the company. I really hope this doesn't become a "my overgrown RJ operator is better than yours" thread.
I just want peace. I have nothing positive to say about my operator other than we have some pretty solid business AT THE MOMENT. I wish all the CZ guys the best but have a few ideas on where they could all be in a couple years and I think scope will control their future.
Quote: higney,

I'm pretty sure bohicagain was ripping on the poster, not the company. I really hope this doesn't become a my overgrown RJ is better than yours thread.
Bingo... nothing against Pinnacle guys just that guy who decided to share his thoughts....

P.S. I used to be a Pinnacle FO who left because I could not afford to feed my family on 2nd and even 3rd year pay. I walked in several picketing events, but I fear that management will take forever until something is signed and I don't think you will get released for a possible strike.
What's the projected hiring for compass in the next 12 months? With what times as requirements? Just shooting from the hip that is...
Last I heard they are shooting for 360 pilots. Last class seniority numbers were around 230 I think. So they need at least another 130 pilots by the end of this year.

ATP mins are still the mins, though I have heard of people getting hired under that.
Actually ATP mins for hiring are in the ALPA contract. The company hired a few under ATP mins, the union protested, and the company agreed to stick to the mins. Might make it hard to find enough pilots...maybe we could parlay the shortage into a LOA bringing up 1st yr pay or otherwise improving the contract .
A few Compass QOL questions... do you guys stay at the same hotels as NWA? Downtown locations?

What are the lines like? Trips? 4 days, day trips? What are the average days off for lineholders so far?

When do you expect online trip trading to start?

What % of captains do you think will stick around, and how many hope to flow up?

How about mx? Contracted or in house?

Thanks guys.
I'll add one more:

Do you really need 1000ME to get an interview?

Let 'em roll...
Quote: I'll add one more:

Do you really need 1000ME to get an interview?

Let 'em roll...
Many of people have been getting hired with less than 1000 hours multi. Not just a few. Many. I know of people who got hired with 500 hours multi. I know dozens of people who got hired in the 600-800 hour range. I dont think that 1000 hours multi is a requirement anymore.
Quote: A few Compass QOL questions... do you guys stay at the same hotels as NWA? Downtown locations?

The hotels are different from what I've seen. Most of the hotels we stay at are nice but are isolated from civilization.

What are the lines like? Trips? 4 days, day trips? What are the average days off for lineholders so far?

Depends on the base, seat and staffing. Some months there is a good mix, other months not so much. Day trips go up to 19 days off. Reserve/Build up 11 days off. 13-14 days off is an average I'd say.

When do you expect online trip trading to start?

PBS is in testing phase now. Operational probably in a few months. Flica is in the works but it's not yet official. Hoping for Flica by EOY 2008.

What % of captains do you think will stick around, and how many hope to flow up?

Since nobody is hiring, I'd say everyone will be sticking around except for you typical attrition.

How about mx? Contracted or in house?

We have both. Most of the contracted MX guys are solely dedicated to CPS. I think we use the Embraer BNA for anything heavy.

Thanks guys.
Note: replies in the text above.

I think CPS is a good place to be so long as the DAL/NW merger works out well.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to