Avantair And The Phenom 100

Subscribe
I was doing some research and learned that the Piggio and Phenom 100 have very similar stats as far as speed, range, and operating altitude. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of what strategy the phenom 100 would fit into.
Quote: I was doing some research and learned that the Piggio and Phenom 100 have very similar stats as far as speed, range, and operating altitude. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of what strategy the phenom 100 would fit into.
I think the Phenom 100 is cheaper than the Avanti II. So, the shares are probably lower in cost than the Avanti shares. Perhaps Avantair is attempting to shore-up the lower-cost end of the fractional market.

Unfortunately for them, a start-up called JetSuite (started by some former Jet Blue executives) just ordered 50 Phenoms with 50 more options to begin in early 2009. Flight Options has also ordered 100 Phenom 300s (obviously bigger and more capable than the 100s). So, Avantair won't have exclusive use of the aircraft like they do with the Avanti.